Difficulty level: Easy
1 × 225g tin of pineapple pieces
4 tomato quarters or use individual baby tomatoes
8 button mushrooms, halved
2 small onions, quartered
2 courgettes, cut at 2cm intervals
8 brussel sprouts, halved
16 pieces of baby corn
1 × 300g block of firm tofu cut into 2cm cubes
Soy & ginger marinade (see below)
The ingredients above are suggestions only, and a starting point for you.
Marinade overnight (or the morning before) you need them or use pre-marinated tofu.
Makes around 16 kebabs
2. Thread them onto kebab sticks.
3. Place in a high-sided tray.
4. Prepare the soy and ginger marinade sauce.
5. Pour over kebabs, refrigerate overnight.
6. Cook on barbeque or roast in oven, turning frequently to avoid burning.
This recipe appears in the NZ Vegetarian Society's Home Tried Favourites cookbook. www.vegetarian.org.nz