Difficulty level: Easy
For the Crust
1 cup of cashew nuts
1 cup of almonds
¼ cup of water
1 cup of dates
For the Topping
400g (14 oz) can of drained apricots
½ cup orange juice
2 tablespoons of arrowroot - (arrowroot is a type of starch like cornflour, often used as a thickener)
1 tablespoon of honey (date puree if vegan)
Extra can of tinned apricots
- Put all the crust ingredients into a blender.
- Whizz until they look like pastry.
- Press into a 23cm (9inch) dish.
- Place the topping ingredients into the blender and whizz until smooth.
- Transfer to a pot and heat gently until boiling – the topping should be thick.
- Open the other tin of apricots (make sure you have drained the juice) and spread over the pie crust.
- Pour the topping over the apricots.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and/or raspberries (optional).