Vegan Lemon Cake
Difficulty level: Easy
100ml of vegetable oil
275g (2 ¼ cups) self-raising flour
½ cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 lemon zested & ½ juiced
170ml of water
150g (2/3 cup) icing sugar
½ lemon juiced
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 180 in a fan oven. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and lemon zest.
3. Add the oil, lemon juice and 170ml of cold water and mix until smooth.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. For the icing, sieve the icing sugar into a bowl. Add just enough lemon juice to make a thick, spreadable icing. Ice the cake. Serve.