Bulgur, Cucumber, Chickpea Salad
Difficulty level: Easy
1 ¼ cups water
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 cup raw bulgur
¼ cup low fat Greek yoghurt
3 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
½ red onion thinly sliced (optional)
1 cucumber thinly sliced.
1 x 400g (14 oz) can of chickpeas, drained.
Fresh herbs to taste.
1. Bring water and salt to boil. Turn off the heat, stir in bulgur, cover, and leave to stand for 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
2. Uncover and let cool to room temperature (you can spread out onto a baking sheet to make this process quicker).
3. Whisk together the yoghurt, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper.
4. Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss well.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve.