Vegan Lentil & Potato Stew
Difficulty level: Easy
1 onion finely chopped
2 carrots diced
125g (4.4 oz) mushrooms
250g (8.8 oz) potatoes, chopped
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
4 cups of boiling water with 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved
1 x 400g (14oz) can of lentils, drained
1 cup of baby spinach
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
Black pepper to taste
1. Prepare the vegetables.
2. Get out a large pot and add 3 tablespoons of stock. On a medium heat, cook the onion for 5 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and herbs. Cook for 4 minutes stirring constantly.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the rest of the stock and bring to a boil. You can use less stock if you want a thicker stew.
6. Once boiling add the lentils, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
7. Stir in the spinach for the last minute of cooking. Season with black pepper. Serve.