Vegan Beetroot Burger
Difficulty level: Easy
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 red onion finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 cup of cooked quinoa
2 (450g/15.8 oz) beetroot, grated
½ cup buckwheat flour (or use whatever flour you have available)
1 tablespoon of grain mustard
2 tablespoons of flax meal
¼ cup chopped dill
4 burger buns
Chopped red cabbage and lettuce mix
1 tablespoon of relish per person
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are caramelized. Remove from heat and put into a large bowl.
2. Add the quinoa, beetroot, buckwheat flour, dill, mustard, and flax meal to the bowl. Mix well.
3. Shape into 6 even sized patties.
4. Heat the other tablespoon of oil in the pan on a medium-low heat. Cook the patties for 10-12 minutes each side – or until golden and dry to the touch.
5. Serve in burger buns with red cabbage, lettuce, and relish.