Difficulty level: Easy
1 x 400g (14 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and dried
1 tablespoon of neutral oil (like avocado). No oil for WFPB
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of seasoning of your choice (like curry powder or chilli powder).
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2. Drain chickpeas well. If using oil, rinse with water, drain and spread onto a paper towel. Roll gently to dry the chickpeas. If you are not using oil, just drain the chickpeas well.
3. Put the chickpeas into a bowl and mix with the oil (if using) and salt – NOT the spices.
4. Bake for around 45 minutes or until golden and dry to the touch. Shake the pan halfway through cooking.
5. Remove from oven and toss with seasoning. Cool for 5-10 minutes (they will crisp as they cool).