Difficulty level: Easy
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
4 egg whites at room temperature
Pinch of salt
1 cup caster sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Heat oven to 120 degrees Celsius.
- Line two trays with baking paper.
- Whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar a tablespoon at a time until fully dissolved.
- Beat for a further 3 minutes. Add vanilla essence and beat again.
- Spoon onto baking tray.
- Turn oven down to 90 degrees and bake for 1 and a half hours.
- Turn oven off and leave meringues in the oven to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Serve with a little whipped cream and decorate with fruit.