Italian Minestrone Soup
Difficulty level: Easy
1 tablespoon of olive oil (leave out for WFPB)
1 onion finely chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
2 carrots, diced
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 cup of green beans, sliced
1 cup of peas (frozen is fine)
400g (14 oz) potatoes, cubed
1 x 400g (14 oz) can of low salt chopped tomatoes
1 x 400g (14 oz) can cannellini beans
1 cup of low salt vegetable stock
½ cup raw pasta
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
Black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons of chopped parsley
1. Heat a large casserole dish on medium heat with the olive oil. Use stock for WFPB.
2. Add the onions, oregano, celery, garlic, and carrots and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
3. Add the tomatoes, cannellini beans, potatoes, and stock. Mix to combine.
4. Bring to a simmer and turn down to low-medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until veges have softened.
5. Add the green beans and peas and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Season with pepper to taste.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve.