Homemade Fish Fingers and Peas
Difficulty level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
450 grams of fish (eg snapper, cod)
500g frozen peas (3 1/2 cups)
5 tablespoons of plain flour
1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
1/2 a lemon
3 slices of wholemeal bread
1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
1/2 a bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- Defrost your peas by putting into a colander and covering with boiling water.
- Put the flour in a small bowl with the paprika and a pinch of salt. Grate in the lemon zest.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and blend the bread to make breadcrumbs.
- Slice your fish into fingers, about 2 cm wide. Coat the fish fingers in flour. Dip in egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs. Put onto a plate ready to cook.
- Heat a pan on a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook the fish fingers in batches for about 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked and golden and crisp.
- Blitz the peas in a blender until they are like a chunky puree - or just mash them with a fork. Put the mashed peas into a bowl, add the mint and squeeze in lemon juice to your taste. Mix well and serve with fish fingers.
- Option to add a green salad.