Green Bean & Chickpea Salad
Difficulty level: Easy
1 x 400g (14 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 x 400g (14oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cups of fresh green beans cut into small pieces
½ red onion finely chopped
2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon of sugar
¼ cup olive oil
Dash of black pepper
1. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the beans and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and put into a bowl of ice water to cool, then drain and pat dry.
2. Add the beans, chickpeas, onion, and parsley to a bowl.
3. Whisk the dressing ingredients together (apple cider vinegar, olive oil, sugar, and black pepper).
4. Add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve.