Bulgur Pea Asparagus Salad
Difficulty level: Easy
½ cup bulgur
1 cup of chopped flat leaf parsley
¼ red onion finely chopped
100g (3.5 oz) chopped asparagus
½ cup frozen peas
1 tomato chopped
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Ground black pepper to taste
Pinch of salt
1. Cook the bulgur according to packet instructions.
2. Cook the peas for a couple of minutes and then drain and put into a bowl of iced water for a couple of minutes, to blanch.
3. Cook the asparagus for 3-4 minutes and add to another bowl of iced water for 1-2 minutes, to blanch.
4. Add the dressing ingredients to a jar and shake well to combine (or just whisk).
5. Add all the salad ingredients to a bowl. Add the dressing. Toss to combine.